- Identify and involve new scientific communities that need large number of computing resources beyond the size of existing service grids, and also involve new type of user and resource provider communities beyond the scientific communities including citizens, school students, and company employees.
- Provide Grid application development interfaces and tools for the new scientific user communities in order to adapt their applications for the EDGeS e-infrastructure.
- Provide new trust mechanisms for the integrated e-infrastructure.
- Establish international collaborations, procedures and standards for the integration of Service Grids and Desktop Grids.
- Contribute to the establishment of a sustainable Grid infrastructure in Europe by integrating existing national and international service grids and desktop grids.
(Copyright comment. Although this material is copyrighted by the EDGeS consortium, you can, of course, use it to describe the EDGeS project objectives or goals. Even if you put it in material with your own copyright such as the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. But if you change the text too much it are not the EDGeS project objectives anymore. )